Hello lovely humans,
Boy, was I really excited to do this review! I’ve been reading Essence reviews and tried out a few of their other products as well. In love! Their brand is affordable, and surprisingly good quality! Essence is a European cosmetics company that does not test on animals. Since they don’t spend too much on marketing and packaging, their products are available for low prices. Most, if not all, of their products are $5 and under. Some of their products are manufactured in China, but others are made in Italy or Germany.
So, welcome to Essence Nail Art Stampy Set! I know… it sounds really preteen, but HEY, it has some pretty designs!
I bought it at Shoppers Drugmart (near Agincourt Mall) for $4+tax. The booth is a bit separated from the cosmetics section but you’ll find it. In the box, you’ll find 3 items: a stamp (with a red underside) , a metal plate with designs, and a scraper.
How to use:
1) Place a tissue/napkin under the metal plate.
2) Apply a blob of PIGMENTED nail polish. A white or silver polish is recommended. It is best used with more viscous polishes, as thinner ones don’t tend to stick as well to the designs.
(For the sake of this review, I’m going to use my Face Shop Lovely Me:ex Red 301. I know it doesn’t match my current polish but I didn’t have white on hand.)
3) IMMEDIATELY scrape it off the plate in one quick sweep (not too fast though or you’ll scrape everything off) to properly remove the polish.
4) Quickly take the stamp and stamp the still wet design.
5) Stamp the design onto your nails. Ta da~
It’s fun to use, and affordable. I find that the polish sinks into some designs more than others. That means these designs are easier to stamp onto the nail, and the design doesn’t get cut off. Maybe I haven’t found the right polish to work with?
One thing that I do like most about it is that it’s reusable! Try a pigmented white/silver polish for the greatest results.
It would be fun to try it out with your friends as well. 🙂
Have you ever tried Essence Nail Art Stampy Set? How did you find it? Leave a comment below to let us know!
For those of you who are looking for the product, go to the store locator of the Essence website to find out where you can buy their goodies: http://www.essence.eu/ca/store-finder/
See ya’ next time!