Got awkward pieces of wrapping paper, ribbons, boxes, and buttons lying around? Then you might just be able to make your own DIY greeting card!
This awesome idea comes from Grant Thompson’s YouTube channel:
Of course, this idea doesn’t have to be restricted to Christmas. That is, as long as you have non-Christmas gift wrap.
I modified this idea by adding on buttons, which gives the card a sort of quirkiness. But really, you can add on anything you’d like! Glitter, stickers, bows~
- Don’t use wrinkled paper, as they do not adhere well to the card.
- Double-sided tape works just as well.
- Use a hot glue gun, or double sided tape for the decorations.
- You don’t necessarily need a cardboard box. A gift box or stiffer paper work too.
- Use a cookie cutter to trace out funky shapes!
- Most importantly, work that imagination!
Let me know how your projects turn out! It’s something fun to do, and it reduces the amount of waste. Most of all, it shows your loved ones that you put in the effort into their gifts.